Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Holiday Season is almost over ... Thank Gawd!

OK, so I have just about had enough of family. That is adult children and their kids, siblings, extended family, etc. You get the picture.

Why do we put ourselves through this torture every year? It must be fun for someone but for most of us it is an endless procession of social obligations that we endure. As I sat in on the Christmas Day Poker Bingo, I was struck as to how bored I was. It is time to start some new traditions. Like travel. Next year I propose to be at least a thousand miles away from this holiday charade. That is my New Year's resolution.

You be my witness.
Countess Bedelia 12/29/2005 06:03:00 PM

2 Comments:

Amen to that sister! South Beach is even further...1258 (according to American Airlines)
I am so glad that charade is over too, it seems to be more stressful each year, perhaps we need to take control of it. I've noticed a few of my friends pack up and leave to Europe for that week, and miss out on all the stress. Let's do it! :)
Oh Mr. Brian,

I am so sorry if I did not respond to your post. No One writes in my Blog.....So I just don't check it for comments.

I'm telling you, holidays are so very overrated for a certain segment of the population. When I was younger, married, had young children at home, etc., it all meant something, somehow. If nothing else, it was important to have all the trappings and trimmings for the children. But now I am not in that demographic any more.

So, Holidays are leave something to be desired unless you go somewhere else and make them into something new.

Amen to that brother!

Add a comment