Friday, January 20, 2006

New Year, New Travels

I love to travel!! I can say it again: I LOVE TO TRAVEL!!!

TRIPS PLANNED FOR 2006 (so far...there could be more):

Jan. 27 to 31: Another little sojourn to New York City. See Cynthia Nixon (Miranda in Sex and the City) and Tyne Daly (Cagney & Lacey, Judging Amy) in Rabbit Hole; see Confessions of a Mormon Boy....a gay Mormon boy's road to freedom; see Andy Borowitz at Mo Pitkin's.

March 11-18: Ft. Myers Beach, Florida.....Staying at the Pink Shell on the beach and indulging in some real luxury. Last year for grandson to play in the Collegiate Classic held in Ft. Myers annually. So, a week of sand, sun, and baseball. Total relaxation!!!!

June 11: Albany, NY, Pride Parade. My good friend, Cat, is co-chair of the Pride Celebration in Albany and I want to go out there and support her and all the wonderful people who put so much effort into the annual Pride celebration.

Take the summer off: I have a wonderful sister-in-law, AKA YaYa, who lets me hang out at her resort style pool and hot tub all summer. The hubby, AKA Hunky Pool Boy, makes us exotic drinks and we just float....... oh yeah!

September into October: OK, now the big guns come out! The Trip to Africa, the Dark Continent! Yes, I am off to the wilds of Kenya on a luxury accomodation Walking Tour. This trip is in conjunction with the Bushwise Women of Australia so there will be quite a diversity of nationalities. This is a dream come true for me as I have wanted to go on Safari for a long time.

In between these trips will be little sojourns to NYC, definitely a trip to LA, and I hope a trip to South Beach to attend the Wedding of the Century for my two amigos, Alexis and Ian.

Not to mention that Thanksgiving will probably bring me back to The Cliffhouse Spa in Ogunquit, Maine.

All in all, a year to look forward to.
Countess Bedelia 1/20/2006 07:55:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment