Friday, March 31, 2006



I finally caught up with the first 3 episodes of Season 6 of the Sopranos. There will be five more this season; then 6 in January 2007; then it is ovah! *sob*

The Sopranos just isn't the same without Tony so having him in a coma and wandering around in his dreams as Kevin Finnerty just didn't do it for me. And Carmela was looking a little too matronly as the grieving wife. Thank Gawd Tony has come back from lala land. I look forward to him kicking some of those whiny tough guys right in the butt!

This is a show that I didn't even watch until the second season and then only to check out what everyone was talking about. I was hooked right from the opening scene. What is it about this show that even people like myself, who hate violence, get sucked in and can't stop watching?

I've seen Tony commit the most gruesome murders without even flinching and then cry to his psychiatrist about how his feelings are hurt by his mother's lack of love. Carmela plays the part of perfect wife, mother, and society matron and then goes to a woman lawyer's office to get a college reference for Meadow and subtly threatens her with Tony's wrath (all the while offering a homemade ricotta pie with a smile on her face).

It's the contradiction that pulls me in everytime.

Countess Bedelia 3/31/2006 11:41:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment