Thursday, May 04, 2006

A bit of nostalgia to go along with anticipation....

Tomorrow night several family members will descend on my home for a sort of once a year birthday gift from me.....a trip into Boston to see Wicked at The Opera House. I am the type of person who hates to just buy gifts for the occasion and so will organize an outing like this to take care of a whole year of obligations. I am really not a big musical fan but Wicked caught my imagination. I've seen it several times since that first trip to NYC in 2004.

My daughter, The Principessa, and I took the train down from Boston and stayed at the magnificent Italian boutique hotel, The Michelangelo. I wore my Wicked t-shirts everywhere and everywhere we went people came up to talk to me about Wicked. You know that The Countess loves to talk to everyone and this weekend was another adventure.

To see Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenowith in their roles as Elphaba, the green witch, and G'a'linda, the good witch, was incredible. I became a Wicked fan for life....and that t-shirt became a very lucky shirt for me. Every time I wear it I seem to meet a new friend.
The Principessa and I had many adventures that weekend culminating with the New York City Pride Parade down Fifth Avenue. You all should try to go to this parade if you ever have a chance. We sat on the steps of St. Patrick's Cathedral and watched the pageantry unfold.

It is a most wonderful memory.
Countess Bedelia 5/04/2006 08:51:00 PM

3 Comments:

Oh, it all looks so fun, and you know how we like that!
Mrs. A - Just back from Wicked in Boston and everyone enjoyed it tremendously. I have a poster for Ian. Email me with directions on how to send mail to him in BA.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add a comment