Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I'm in a State of Depression


After yesterday's disgraceful speech by our President concerning the Marriage Amendment to our constitution, I retreated to the Huffpo just so that I could be among friends. There I found this very interesting article by Hilary Rosen, "Are straight Republicans fit to be parents: Where do Gay Babies come from?".

Hilary points out that "What do Phyllis Schlafly, Randall Terry, Sens. Arlen Specter and Richard Shelby, former Vice President Ford, and countless other prominent Republicans have in common with Dick and Lynne Cheney? They are parents of gay and lesbian children."

When is all of this going to stop? When is the separation of church and state going to come back? Why do churches want to tell me how to live my life?

The President of the United States is making me depressed. Thinking about my friend's son who is in Iraq is making me depressed. Getting gas for my car is making me depressed. My nephew who got married two years ago ... to a woman ... is now getting a divorce and that is making me depressed.

The US government is bad for my mental health.
Countess Bedelia 6/06/2006 08:48:00 AM

5 Comments:

Hmmm...I think some seafood at the beach would help out our depression :)
OMG, Mr. Brian! Have you returned to the land of the living? Seafood at the beach sounds divine.
Well, Countess I was just about to offer you a pike to storm the gates, but I might as well offer you a lobster bib and run for the beach.
I am hoping for our founding fathers to be so thoroughly disgusted that they are able to overcome space and time, emerge from out of the ground, and give Bush a good ass kicking!
Mrs. Astor and Jeremy, I am hoping that lobster and vodka will get our Mr. Brian out of his retirement.

Jesse - This too will pass. If it doesn't, we will start a revolution. Never underestimate a gray panther or a pissed off Countess. *hugs*

Add a comment