Sunday, July 23, 2006

A log cabin for KnottyBoy

KnottyBoy is an artist who lives in the great state of Wyoming, so I thought he would appreciate the log cabin I built for my grandson, aka The Grand Duke. The Grand Duke used to keep his GI Joe dolls in it when he was young but since he has gone to college and given up his childish playthings, I have custody of the log cabin until he has a home to put it in.



The interior of the cabin is a loft with the living room and kitchen on the first floor and a sleeping loft above the kitchen. Unlike the Victorian mansion, there is no electricity in the log cabin. A pump for the sink, a fireplace to cook in, fishing rods hanging from a hook by the door, and guns over the mantle provide the atmosphere.

I built the fieldstone fireplace one stone at a time. There is an iron hook inside the fireplace to hang a pot from and a pile of firewood on the porch to make sure that winter nights are warm and cozy inside this little cabin.

The bear skin rug is in honor of my stepfather, Ray. He brought home a rug like this to our vacation cabin on a lake in Maine one year. He told a fantastic story about how he killed the bear but in later years we found out that the bear was actually roadkill...and Ray was given the skin. We still loved him anyway!!
Countess Bedelia 7/23/2006 07:26:00 PM

8 Comments:

Oh my dear, looky there...a log cabin. Now you know that not all of us can afford to live in such a splendiferous domicile such as the one you've built. You're eye for detail...down to the bagged dear and rifles on the fireplace are quite cool.
Mwah,
kb
Kb-I thought you would like this one.
Goodness, Countess, this is indeed a nice piece of art.
I love it! Your attention to detail is amazing. You really left no stone unturned. If there were a "Jesse Doll" version of me I would want to live in a super modern, Miami-esque dollhouse/apartment complete with floor-to-ceiling windows and mid-century modern and revival furniture pieces. I'd love to see that dollhouse! ;) How does dollhouse Jesse-the-Poolboy afford it though? lol! :)
Hoss - Thank you for the lovely compliment.

Jesse - Your very own dollhouse will become a reality some day. Just you wait, you saucy minx!
Unlike the Victorian mansion, there is no electricity in the log cabin.

I think I'd prefer to be "shrunk" in the Victorian mansion.

Another great labor of love...nice work!
I agree with Rick; I'm more mansion material. And, anyway, the term log cabin makes me think of Republicans.
I agree with Rick; I'm more mansion material. And, anyway, the term log cabin makes me think of Republicans.

Add a comment