Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Promise for Jesse



Last night Jesse, Meri, Brian, Bennett, Jeff, and I met for a wonderful dinner at the Club Cafe in Boston. Lots of stories were shared and, most important, much laughter ensued. One of the stories was about the dollhouses that I have built and the Victorian mansion that takes up a good portion of one room in my home. As I told Meri, if you can't find me some day, it is because I have figured out how to shrink myself down and have moved into my Victorian mansion with Mrs. Bridges, the cook, and Marie, the maid.

The kitchen in the mansion is completely furnished with copper pots, cooking utensils, silverware, and dishes. The shelf that runs across the back of the room over the window has mugs with the names of all my family members. Two mugs on the kitchen table have my name and my late husband, Bob, along with his favorite meal of homemade beans.

Marie, the French maid, does the dusting and acts as my lady's maid. She is in charge of the boudoir, which includes a dressing table filled with perfumes, closets filled with gowns, and a linen closet filled with sheets, blankets, and towels. Here you see her in her bedroom over the kitchen which is reached by a circular wrought iron staircase.

There are many rooms in this mansion including 2 bathrooms, an office, a working grandfather clock, an upstairs parlor, and a carriage house for Henry, the butler and handyman, with an apartment over the garage. This dollhouse will be going to a museum when I no longer have a home to keep it in.
Countess Bedelia 7/19/2006 08:40:00 PM

12 Comments:

OMGGGGGGGGG
so beautiful!!!
and it is so great you had the chance to see the boys...I really miss them!
Ian-We had a great time and we did raise our glasses in a toast to you and Alexis and to the Palace outside bar, may it rest in peace..LOL!! I am glad you like my dollhouse, mon cheri. You will see it some day soon, I hope.
I'm all in support of you moving in my dear. As long as there are plenty of rooms for the rest of us. Oh that and a full bar. Do they make bottles that small?
kb
Kb-There are actually bottles of Chivas Regal, Grand Marnier, and different wines in the outdoor bar on the terrace. We are always ready for a party, no matter which house my guests visit!!
My goodness, Bedelia, this is fantastic.

But the beans? Geesh, I hope they are plastic or something.
Hoss, I'm not sure what the beans are made out of but they haven't grown any mold or anything in the past several years, so I guess they are plastic or something....I hope! Glad you like my dollhouse. It took two years to build but it was a labor of love!!
Please, please shrink us all with you! I will be the nosey, pompous neighbor who adores to criticize and--at the same time--never stops eating your pastries.
Countess, Now we know how you spend those long, cold New England days (and I'm talking about the summer...)

Lovely (no joking). Hobbies help me keep what I refer to as my sanity -- such detail, you must be super sane!!
Would love to shrink on down for a visit.

What a beatiful dollhouse and such amazing detail. You can tell it's a labor of love.

Next time you go to Club Cafe hit me up!
My Countess!!!

It's even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!!! I feel that Mrs. Bridges and Marie need a male-friend or two though. If I could shrink myself down I would be perfectly happy living in the carriage house. Of course, I'd probably try to steal Mrs. Bridges' job and eventually move into the Mansion myself, but I digress, lol. I'll practice my doll-cooking skills. Or I could just be a pool-boy. But you would never catch those uptight Victorian's in swimsuits tending to pools, would you? Come on - some doll has to want a pool boy around! :)

Seriously, your labor of love is something to be in awe of. I can't believe the detail. If I can't shrink myself down fullsize to live in it, I hope I can come visit and see it in person someday. You never cease to amaze me, Countess! Thank you so much for meeting us at Club Cafe last week. It was so special! Next time we'll bring Rick and make our party even larger - your Northeastern Court is growing! :)

-The Saucy Minx! :P
Thank you, thank you, thank you. The Countess takes her standing ovation!!

I'm glad that everyone wants to be a guest in the dollhouse. I am going to post a few pics of my log cabin for you.

Jesse, you saucy minx, you can be the pool boy at my real pool, you little devil. I usually let my brother-in-law make the pool drinks, but I think you will do the job with a lot more flair!
If Jesse's the pool boy...I'm there!

Add a comment