Saturday, August 12, 2006

Dinner with the boys

Mark arrived safely from Miami slightly traumatized by the new security regulations which caused him to have to dispose of his shampoo and other liquids before getting on the plane. A little scotch is always good for trauma symptoms, so after he settled into the Countess' Palace Hotel, we opened the bar and put the Glenlivet on the counter. Mr. Brian and B, his boyfriend, arrived and also Rick, from Bandit Talks. They got out the Ketel One and the party began.

After a tour of the Palace we headed to Salem and Capt's Restaurant which is right on the water. We scored a table on the second floor balcony and made a toast to our friendship, then a toast to Mark's safe arrival, then a toast to....well, you get the picture....then we were toasted! (I cropped out B because he is not a blogger and I didn't know if he would want his picture posted but since I am sure he is going to be a big rock star very soon, he probably should get used to it!)

Being in the company of these handsome men reminded me of when I was young and beautiful. This was way before digital cameras and the internet made recording every moment so easy. So I scanned some old photos and here I am. I was 40 years old in this picture.

Having the boys here was a real treat. We had so many laughs and we all enjoyed meeting Rick. Mark has left for a weekend in Newport with Mrs. Astor's sister, The Countess duBarry. While he is gone I am entertaining myself by listening to B's demo CD. The boy has talent!
Countess Bedelia 8/12/2006 10:19:00 AM

4 Comments:

[chuckle] $50 of trauma for lost lost liquids...
:-) B&T
The pleasure was all mine. Good company!
Did you know that they are selling those things on E-Bay? (damn, another secret tax scheme!)
Honestly there is nothing better than spending a long while in the presence of mens you love, especially if you've plied them with alcohol and they are spilling their guts. Keep the booze flowing my dear and the cameras rolling. You'll never know when those videos will be admissible as evidence in court.
Mwah,
kb

Add a comment