Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Summer fun in New England

My two 15 year old grandaughters, one from Iowa and one from California, have been visiting for the past week. It is sort of like an invasion of Britney Spears and Entourage. The music is blasting, the TV is showing MTV videos or Sponge Bob, and the refrigerator door keeps opening and closing!!! We have been to the mall, to the movies, and to a few family parties; played tennis and swam in the pool; stayed up late talking and talking and talking some more.

Canobie Lake Park, in Salem NH, is a fun place to take teenagers. And also a good place to tire them out! Thankfully, this grandmother did not have to go with them today and that is why I have time to catch up with my blog buddies.


One night we watched the DVD of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie and the next day we went to the theater to see PotC, Dead Man's Chest. The second movie has a lot of continuity from the first one, great special effects, and Johnny Depp is as wonderful as ever. A fun movie for all ages.

The next few days include the Boston Duck Tour and a visit to the Museum of Science, a whale watch boat trip, and a day at the beach.

Countess Bedelia 8/02/2006 11:31:00 AM

5 Comments:

I hope they had fun in Salem today! Hot enough for ya?
Thank god for AC on days like this. I hope you have a great time on the Duck Tour...quack quack!
would u be my Grandma for a day?
I got spare oxygen tanks, Countess. Want some?
Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with your granddaughters. I haven't been to Canobie Lake park in years.

They have that new exhibit at the Museum of Science called The Human Body. It's pretty controversial. Been to the Peabody Essex yet? I haven't since they remodeled.

Enjoy!!!!
Thanks for all your comments, guys. We had a great visit.

And now I am looking forward to seeing Black and Tan Mark when he arrives from Miami later this week!
Mr. Brian, we will be calling you!

Add a comment