Thursday, September 07, 2006

Joining the Jet Set


Tomorrow morning I fly off to London in Merry Olde England. Here is Nelson atop his tower in Trafalgar Square.

Originally I was just going over to see Idina Menzel reprise her role of the Green Witch, Elphaba, in WICKED. As many times as I have seen this show, I never get tired of it. When I heard that Idina would be performing again in London, I knew I had to be there.

But when the Principessa heard I was going, she reminded me that she had never been to London. Poor baby, she has traveled all over Europe but never went to London. She has the whole trip planned to include most of the must see tourist destinations. She knows that if she throws a pub stop in here and there, Mama will follow along.

Another play we will be seeing is "Billy Elliot". This was a wonderful little film and then Elton John wrote the music for a stage play. It has been acclaimed as "the best British musical ever" and has been a hit for over a year now. So far there are no plans to bring it to Broadway, so if you want to see it, you must go to London.

I have been doing my homework about the new security regulations and they are very strict on international flights. The measurements for your single carryon bag are practically miniscule. But I did get a darling pink rolling computer case that will comply with the regulations and still look chic.

Cheerio for now, mates.
Countess Bedelia 9/07/2006 07:48:00 PM

5 Comments:

Dear, dear Countess, I fear I have not kept up my end. I am now in SoBe, not the UK. Have a wonderful trip and a safe return! Beware of youthful, handsome courtiers, they are up to no good (hee, hee)
Have fun, be careful and be sure to tell us all about it when you get back. I'm jealous...would love to being seeing Wicked in London.
Dear Countess, have fun; we will miss you. By the way, there is a fun place/paradise called The Gardens in Kensington on the top of a department store.
Isn't that the headquarters of Willie the Shake?
Oh, my beloved Countess!!! I hope you are having the time of your life. Say hi to Idina and Big Ben from me. Especially "Big Ben" ;)

Add a comment