Saturday, October 21, 2006

Albany, the Berkshires, and The Countess


This was my first trip to Albany. I guess I was surprised that it is a lot smaller than Boston. Most of the buildings and workforce are for the state government. I was there to attend the annual dinner for the Capital District Gay & Lesbian Community Council. The number of awards given out for community service was very impressive. But I have to say the highlight of the night was meeting one of the chefs after the party was over. His t-shirt says it all!!!

On Thursday we took a drive to Stockbridge to go to a play at the Berkshire Theatre Festival. "Via Dolorosa", starring Jon Epstein, was having its final performances and since we are big fans of Jon's acting, we wanted to see it. He was magnificent as always and will be performing this winter in Florida at the Orlando Shakespeare Festival as King Lear.

During the day we went over to the Norman Rockwell Museum. They have a new sculpture exhibit which is a juried competition. All the sculptures are based on Norman Rockwell's paintings.



















Now I am home unpacking my suitcase so that I can pack it again in a couple of days when I head down to Miami with Brian and Bennett for the Halloween Happening on SoBe. There will be Balls, Birthday Parties, and Brunches. But Nothing Rustic, Mrs. Astor, Please!
Countess Bedelia 10/21/2006 12:50:00 PM

3 Comments:

Be assured that Mark and I will be around (when we can) to make sure that the most rustic thing you experience in Florida is enjoying a Glenlivet out of a plastic cup.....
HA! I have just delivered in my hands a photo of you churning butter. How RUSTIC! You didn't know that cow had a camera in it's bell, did you?

It is just what I needed to cut you down to size.
A Countess can never rest. Court intrigue is EVERYWHERE! Even in the cow barn....*pouts*

Add a comment