Monday, October 30, 2006

My South Beach Journal - Day One & Two


Friday:

The party began as soon as we hit South Beach. At the hotel I was given a gift bag filled with snacks,water, and Glenlevit nips from Brian and Bennett. Then, while I was trying to hang up my outfits, the phone was ringing...."Why aren't you at the Palace yet? Everyone is waiting!" You can check out Mrs. Astor's blog to see the royal welcome I received there!! Luis and Mark presented me with my very own bottle of Glenlevit. So you can see that my drinking needs were taken care of first thing! Thank you so much boys.

Ditmar, bartender extraordinaire, came over to kneel before me and kiss my ring...then took me over to introduce me to his mother Helga, father Leo, and beautiful cousin Sonia who are visiting from Austria. Mama Helga is having us over for lunch on Tuesday and cooking weiner schnitzel!! I can't wait!


I finally got to meet Chris, The Scarlet Pimpernel, in person and just caught up with so many people. I was surprised that so many people remembered me from my previous visit!!


After a delicious dinner at the Hosteria Romana and a quick power nap, we were off to Funkshun to Edison Farrow's new party. The drag queens gave a fantastic performance. Barbra Streisand and Wonder Woman performed. Tiffany, the Palace showgirl, wasn't performing but came over to our table to say hello and give hugs and kisses. Thomas Barker, the columnist from The Wire, also stopped by and said he would see us at the Halloween Ball on Saturday night. I would recommend to anyone in the area to check out this party on a Friday night. It is a blast! Then back to the Palace for a nightcap. And to think that we arrived here at about 4:30 pm and this is only the first night!!!!

Saturday:
Ian's birthday had come and gone in September but since we were all together now, we wanted to have a Birthday Party for him. Alexis and Chris organized everything. Twist opened up the Bungalow Bar for us and Chris cooked up grilled shrimp and lamb and made salads and hors d'oeurves. So many people came to the party to wish our beloved Ian a belated Happy Birthday. Matty came down from Ft. Lauderdale, Tall Paul was in from Bermuda.....it was a wonderful gathering. The Countess duBarry gave Ian a beautiful crown and (using my sceptor) dubbed him Princess Ilani....something!!! Now Ian outranks all of us!

At four o'clock when the party ended, it was back to the Palace to see Tiffany and Geraldine do their Saturday drag show. Both ladies are fantastic! Tiffany wearing vintage Versaci and Geraldine wearing...not much!! Now time to power nap and get ready for the Halloween Ball.

Tiffany dancing it up on the sidewalk.
Geraldine looking glam doing her show.

When we returned to the Palace to meet up with everyone, Boris, the Palace manager, was there. When he saw me come in, he was totally surprised since Alexis hadn't told him I was coming. It was so wonderful to see him again. We arranged to meet up the next evening and his beautiful Rachel is coming then to visit with me.

Off to the ball. What can I say? It was held at the Miami Children's Museum. I have never seen such spectacular costumes and our group was right up there with the best of them. The Countess duBarry had created a senorita costume, even making the dress herself. Brian and Bennett wore authentic priest and altar boy garb. Alexis and Ian were a perfect Baby Jane and Blanche Hudson. Terry showed up in mix and match with a feather boa....he put his outfit together at the last minute but looked fab!! Only pictures can do justice to this wonderful evening.

We ended the evening with a nightcap at Twist and then off to get our beauty sleep so that we can do this all over again the next day!!!
Countess Bedelia 10/30/2006 09:47:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment