Friday, November 10, 2006

"HAIRSPRAY" starring Paul Vogt


Brian and Bennett are big fans of Paul Vogt so when they found out that he was starring in Hairspray, they put their hands together in prayer and said: "Countess, do your magic! We MUST see this show AND meet Paul Vogt." I got on the phone to the director of the theater and, "POOF"...we had good seats and a guaranteed meeting after the play. Of course it helped that we decided to go on the night the theater celebrates "Out on the North Shore" and has a big party after the play which the cast always attends. Magic isn't all it's cracked up to be; sometimes it is just plain old leg work....LOL!

The Countess duBarry was invited to join us and after a lot of reunion hugs and kisses (after all, we hadn't seen each other for a whole week!), we were off to the theater. If you've never seen Hairspray, you are missing out on a delightful and fun evening at the theater. You can't help but laugh and clap and just feel good after watching it. And we had a party to go to also !! Bonus !


The party is held in the restaurant next to the theater. It was jumping! This is a really fun night for the GLBT crowd and is always well attended. I grabbed Jon Kimball, the director, and he promised that as soon as Paul arrived he would bring him over to our group. But Paul had a lot of makeup and wardrobe to divest himself of and it seemed like he was never going to show up. I decided to step outside for a minute for some fresh air and there he was....just arriving. I said: "I'm here with two of your biggest fans. DON'T MOVE! I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!" Off I went to snag Brian, Bennett, and duBarry.


We all got personalized autographs and Brian even got a few for some of his friends! I think Paul was a little overwhelmed at how much Brian and Bennett had followed his career but he seemed to enjoy the whole thing immensely. In fact phone numbers were exchanged so you might read of our further adventures in another entry!!
Countess Bedelia 11/10/2006 04:38:00 PM

4 Comments:

I´M GREEN!!!!!
and I´m not impersonating Elpheba!!!!!!!!
Delightful, and don't put you magic skills down; I've seen them in action.

I guess your get-together is a good excuse for us to have a party down here. I was looking for one.
Ian - The bells were ringing! and we were jumping and jiving! Miss you.

Mrs. Astor - The only excuse needed to have a party is getting up in the morning. I always celebrate that achievement!
Thanks for the invite to go. Unfortunately I couldn't make it. I heard it was a blast. (Will went with a friend of his.) I'll have to check it out.

Add a comment