Monday, March 05, 2007

The Countess has the Winter Blues...

You know that you are bored when you can't find a single thing to write about. Nothing has tickled my fancy for the past few weeks. Part of the problem is the New England winter..cold, snow, sleet....cold. Part of the problem is the nature of my work; don't get me wrong, I love my work. Being an accountant is as natural to me as breathing. But every year at this time when I am snowed under because I need to satisfy the big TAX MAN in Washington, DC, I start to get anxious and antsy. Not because of the numbers I am crunching but just because no one else can really appreciate these wonderful, exciting, and charismatic numbers in quite the same way that I do.

Then there is the trip I had to cancel this past weekend because of work responsibilities and also bad weather. Some people might find a trip to Minneapolis in the middle of winter to be an easy one to cancel. But when you are planning to meet good friends, it is never easy to change your plans. My friends all went this past weekend and, by all accounts, had a wonderful time....and I wasn't there!!!

Sometimes I take the low road and indulge in "Retail Therapy"; sometimes I take the high road and indulge in "Travel Therapy"....so this time I have been planning trips!!!

First to Florida just because I need SUNSHINE and warm air, not to mention the Spa, the hunky Cabana Boys that bring your drinks to you on the beach, the SUN, and did I mention the Hunky Cabana Boys?



Then to Newport, RI, because the Countess duBarry commands me.



Then to the Berkshires of Massachusetts because my soul needs the peace, serenity, culture, and good times that 'Summer in the Berkshires' brings.
Oh, did I forget to mention that a certain blond actor that I am fond of will be appearing in two plays this summer at The Berkshire Theatre Festival? Check out their summer season and you will find "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and "Mrs. Warren's Profession" on their Main Stage schedule. Randy just happens to be playing Billy Bibbit in "Cuckoo's Nest" and Frank Gardner in "Mrs. Warren's Profession". When you call the box office for tickets, tell Stew that The Countess sent you.
Countess Bedelia 3/05/2007 12:14:00 AM

3 Comments:

Gee, you oughta go fishing. You could have a grand ol' time fishing. See, you put worms on your hook and if you don't catch any fish you can always eat the worms. Sure fire vacation, that.
Hoss, around here there is only ice fishing right now and a little shack on a frozen river vs. a 5 star hotel is 'no contest' as far as I'm concerned..LOL!!
Aweee my beloved Countess!!! Don't worry about the Winter blues - I have them too. BUT - they tell me it will be Spring soon enough (?). If only these Arctic Blasts would stop coming our way. In the meantime, lets dream about hunky cabana boys. MMMMM...warm thoughts!!! :-)

Add a comment