Saturday, June 23, 2007

Back to the Berkshires!!

The Countess is back in her summer home in the beautiful scenic Berkshires of Massachusetts. Last night was the opening night performance of Terrence McNally's Tony winning drama, Love! Valour! Compassion! As usual The Berkshire Theatre Festival put on a production that any Broadway theater would be proud of. All the actors were fantastic. It would be hard to single out just one as it is pretty much an ensemble piece but I do have a special place in my heart for an adorable young man who was making his Main Stage debut at BTF, Ricky Fromeyer, playing the role of Ramon, the young dancer. He sings, he dances, and he can act....even when completely nude! That takes talent! I can't believe I forgot to get Ricky's picture. We will take care of that when I return in a couple of weeks.

At the party after the play, it was fun to catch up with old friends like my dear Stewie who is Director of Audience Services. (If you go to see One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at BTF in July, you will catch Stewie playing what I am sure will be an award winning performance as an inmate in the lunatic asylum!!)



It wouldn't be a party for me if I didn't meet a few handsome men. Leroy McClain is on the left. Remember his name....he will be the next Broadway star!! Tim Acito, a talented composer, is on the right. He just finished all the songs for a musical production of "The Women of Brewster Place". You might remember the movie of that name starring Oprah. Now you will be able to see the musical. Look for it to premiere in Atlanta at the Alliance Theater from September 5 thru the 30th of this year. Looks like I might be taking a trip to Atlanta!



Tonight I am going to see The Glass Menagerie starring Tom Story. I last ran into Tom in NYC at the opening night for the Peter Paige directed play, "Me, My Guitar, and Don Henley". Now he has the lead role in TGM. Isn't he handsome?



Jon Epstein was there and he told me that he had a great run as King Lear at the Orlando Shakespeare Festival. I posted about that previously and I hope any of you in that area had a chance to see him there. Next up he will be playing Randall McMurphy in Cuckoo's Nest. Linda Hamilton of The Terminator movies was also at the party. She is playing Nurse Ratched in Cuckoo. Several of the actors that are in rehearsal for that play were at the party (including my very favorite stage actor!!) and it was fun to meet them. It always adds an extra dimension to the experience when you know the performers.

I think I need to write a story about this "Summer in the Berkshires". It looks like it is off to a great start. My partner in crime, Cat is here with me and we are looking forward to lots of adventures this summer.
Countess Bedelia 6/23/2007 10:49:00 AM

2 Comments:

Dancing in the nude? That must be something to see.
what a lovely summer you're having!

Add a comment