Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fireworks are over....time to get back to work




Joe Solmonese from the Human Rights Campaign sent me this message to pass on to my friends and so I am sending it out to the blogosphere:




Hi,
Did you know that in 31 states, it's perfectly legal to fire someone for being gay? Or that in 39 states it's legal to fire someone for being transgender?
I found it pretty hard to believe. Here we are in the 21st century, in a country that prides itself on equal opportunity, and millions of Americans can be denied a job or fired - not for poor performance, but for simply being themselves.
http://www.passendanow.org/
I just took action with the Human Rights Campaign to end this appalling injustice. I hope you'll join me today, by sending a message to your lawmakers in Congress urging them to pass the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which will make this kind of discrimination illegal once and for all.
It's easy. To take action, go to:
http://www.passendanow.org/
******************


Email your representatives and senators and tell them to support ENDA. And pass this on to your friends and ask them to do the same.
Countess Bedelia 7/05/2007 10:59:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment