Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Life goes on....

Even though du Barry has left me alone here in the wilds of western Massachusetts, life must go on. I gave myself one day to rest and then it was time to get going once again.

I started the day at the Berkshire Museum in Pittsfield attending a lecture with the famous composer and conductor, John Williams. The program was hosted by Martin Bookspan who did the broadcast "Live at Lincoln Center" for 30 years until he retired in 2006. Mr. Williams told so many wonderful behind the scenes stories of all the movies he has scored like the Star Wars series, Indiana Jones, Schindler's List, and the Harry Potter movies. He has scored over 100 movies and written many more classical compositions for orchestra. A fascinating man and a wonderfully entertaining morning.


Later I went to a play put on by the Barrington Stage Company in Pittsfield, "The Mysteries of Harris Burke". It was an interesting little musical. But afterwards I was still feeling pretty lively so I went over to Michael's in Stockbridge and met a new bartender, James. I bet you thought I knew them all, didn't you.

Here is James and Greg behind the bar. Greg is going to be a famous rock band drummer some day, so keep an eye out for him.


Then my Berkshire Theatre Festival pals came in, Stew, Ricky, and Erin, and we ended up closing the place.


The good times are still rolling along!!!!!!
Countess Bedelia 8/22/2007 03:56:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment