Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A beautiful fall day in New England.....


On Sunday the sun was shining, the temperature was in the low 70s.....What a great day to be outdoors by the ocean!


The Countess duBarry was catering an event for the AARP at Colt State Park and Mimi Hines was going to sing a few songs. What I didn't know was that Kellie Hajjar would be there. I first heard Kellie's CD "Kellie Hajjar is Swinging" during the summer. duBarry brought it with her when she visited the Summer Palace in the Berkshires. I promptly put it into my car CD player and hoped she would forget about it. No such luck! She took it back.....and so it went....back and forth. In the end, duBarry took the CD back to Newport with her and I went through withdrawal for a few days as I was deprived of the opportunity to listen to Kellie's golden voice.


Peter (Countess duBarry), Mimi Hines, The Countess Bedelia

So I was surprised and delighted to see that Kellie was singing at the event also. When I told her I was a big fan, she got a big kick out of it; probably wondering how I ever heard of her. She is so delightful and such fun that we all ended up going out for a cocktail and a bite to eat later in the day. Kellie and her partner, Gail, were celebrating their 7th anniversary on Sunday. Congratulations to you both!

Mimi Hines and Kellie Hajjar


Mimi sang three songs including the opening number from Funny Girl, "I'm the Greatest Star", a role that Mimi took over from Barbra Streisand on Broadway in 1965 and played for 18 months. She also sang her signature song, "Til there was You", which she dedicated to her late partner Phil Ford.


After both Mimi and Kellie wowed the crowd and duBarry lulled them with a delicious meal, we decided to depart to the Lobster Pot in Bristol for a little libation and some seafood.


At the Lobster Pot: Mimi, Michael, duBarry, and Kellie

And it wouldn't be a 'Countess Blog' if she didn't meet at least one handsome young man. Here is Zee, the Bulgarian bartender at the Lobster Pot. Isn't he adorable?


A fun day with friends to share it with. Life is good!

Countess Bedelia 9/19/2007 06:09:00 AM

3 Comments:

Handsome Bulgarians are popping up everywhere (to everyone's delight).
Zee reminded me of Plumen. Is he still at The Palace? So handsome!
Zee also reminds of a Palace alumni named Darko; I think he works at Balans, or another nearby restaurant on Lincoln Road. Definitely worth a stroll on Lincoln to seek him out :-)

Add a comment