Thursday, October 04, 2007

Slow day....

My dear friend Ditmar, the owner of D-Bar in South Beach, sent me a few jokes the other day. Since I have nothing to post about today, I will share one with you. I don't know why this one cracked me up but it did.



This sent me on a search for dead cat pictures and I found a lot of them but they were just too gross to put on my blog. I can't believe how many items there are on the internet about cats.


This seems to be a popular book. You can buy it at Amazon. com


The New Yorker also has a cat cartoon book out. Amazon.com again


Bill the Cat apparently was a big political figure in the 1980's, even running for President in 1984.


And here is another cat joke that I found on my internet travels through GoogleLand.


"A man runs into the vet's office carrying his dog, screaming for help. The vet rushes him back to an examination room and has him put his dog down on the examination table. The vet examines the still, limp body and after a few moments, tells the man that his dog, regrettably, is dead. The man, clearly agitated and not willing to accept this, demands a second opinion.


The vet goes into the back room and comes out with a cat and puts the cat down next to the dog's body. The cat sniffs the body, walks from head to tail, poking and sniffing the dog's body and finally looks at the vet and meows. The vet looks at the man and says, "I'm sorry, but the cat thinks that your dog is dead, too."


The man, finally resigned to the diagnosis, thanks the vet and asks how much he owes. The vet answers, "$350.""$350 to tell me my dog is dead?!" exclaims the man.


"Well," the vet replies, "I would only have charged you $50 for my initial diagnosis. The additional $300 was for the cat scan."


The End




Countess Bedelia 10/04/2007 11:23:00 AM

2 Comments:

Cute jokes!
Children say the funniest things! The other day I was visiting my sister when her 3 year old son blurted out a real howler, the details of which I unfortunately cannot remember. Well, I don't mind admitting that my face turned bright red after that little speech! Luckily, my sister saw the funny side.

Add a comment