Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fun in New York City


New York is my favorite city. I love the excitement in the air, the hustle and bustle on the streets, and the theaters that provide the most wonderful entertainment. The stagehands strike that has darkened the lights on Broadway makes me very sad. But The Countess is the eternal optimist and likes to concentrate on the positive. I'll treat you all to some pictures.



The crisp fall air encourages fast walking. The streets are alive with color and motion. I always feel like I should have a "Mary Tyler Moore moment" and toss my hat up in the air. The fact that I don't wear hats and if I did, I'd probably drop it, doesn't change my fantasy!




A visit to MOMA on West 53rd Street between 5th & 6th Avenue is something I do whenever I'm in the city. Here you can see the original "Starry Night" by Vincent van Gogh....




And a wall of "Water Lilies" by Monet....




There is fantastic sculpture that decorates the courtyards of many buildings. You don't have to go to a museum. Just take a stroll down 6th Avenue.


For the inner child in you a visit to F.A.O. Scwartz is a must. The life size stuffed animals, the toys, the displays, and the piano keyboard in the floor is just the thing.



Yes, The Countess has tapped out a song on this keyboard. So much fun!!




There are historical sites all over the city but I prefer a touch of whimsey like The M&M Statue of Liberty at the M&M Store in Times Square. Imagine a whole store of M&M goodies!


I can't wait to go back again soon.
Countess Bedelia 11/11/2007 09:42:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment