Monday, November 19, 2007

Lordy, lordy, look who's 40!!!!!


This is what 40 looks like.


Isn't Brooke fabulous?
The Countess duBarry gave a birthday dinner to honor his sister, Brooke, on the occasion of her 40th birthday. The guests were treated to a gourmet meal lovingly prepared by our hostess and her friend Paul.

Brooke’s Birthday Dinner Menu


Lobster Ravioli with lobster sauce

Butternut squash soup with andouille sausage

Salad with gorgonzola cheese, walnuts, strawberries, and strawberry vinaigrette

Lemon sorbet to cleanse the palate.
(The sorbet was scooped into the hollowed out shells of fresh lemons and frozen.)

Beef Wellington with mushroom duxelle, asparagus, and pineapple mashed potato

Pecan Tart with homemade vanilla ice cream



The table was set with china, silver, and ruby glassware.




The guests were almost as colorful.



Brother and sister


Brooke and her boyfriend Joe



A wonderful evening at Castle du Barry. Happy Birthday, Brooke!




Countess Bedelia 11/19/2007 08:03:00 PM

4 Comments:

I'm actually drooling! What a wonderful event, people-wise and food-wise.
Tosca....you AND NanCee on the blog!! I am very excited. It was a great time. duBarry is the best chef!
Wow... I was wondering what were you planning for Gobble-gobble night...
and found this lov´bble tribute. Brooke looks wonderful! I wish I had met her!

I´m email you tonight
send my luv to Peter!

Ian a.k.a. Rinvent

Hell it´s good to be back!

ps. i just posted the pics of a costume ball I just threw here: http://www.mundodeian.com.ar/1/index.html
Hello Ian. I knew you must have done something fun for Halloween.

*sending big hugs*

Add a comment