Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year !!

I hope everyone is having a fun New Year's Eve tonight. I am just back from a whirlwind weekend in New York City and I think I will stay home and watch the ball drop on TV.
First of all, a big CONGRATULATIONS to the state of New Hampshire. As of midnight tonight civil unions will be legal for same sex couples in that state. Definitely a HAPPY NEW YEAR for many couples.
New York City was packed with people this weekend. Times Square is all ready for the big festivities. Confetti is already flying all over the place.

This is the view of the Empire State Building from my hotel window....


Bryant Park is one of my favorite little places in the city. Located between W40th and W42nd Streets on the Avenue of the Americas, it is a little gem ...


with beautiful shops inside little glass houses......

a skating rink.....


and places to sit and relax even in the middle of winter....

The temperature was in the 40's and 50's. Perfect weather for walking around. After I left the theater Saturday night, I only wore a sweater. It was too hot for a coat. Delightful!
I will post about some of the plays I saw later. Until then....

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
Countess Bedelia 12/31/2007 08:25:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment