Sunday, January 06, 2008

Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there.
I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there,
I did not die.


This weekend has been a very hard time for my grandson and his friends. They lost one of their best friends on New Year's Day and they came together from different parts of the country to be pall bearers and say goodbye to their friend. They all went to high school together, played sports together, and maintained their friendships through college and careers.


The Countess took the boys out for a bite to eat and a couple of drinks after the wake.

Four beautiful young men.....



There isn't much you can say at a time like this so I usually try to lighten the atmosphere with a few Countess stories. I did get the boys laughing a little; especially when I told them about the World Erotic Art Museum in South Beach and getting my picture taken on the Golden Penis. So, just for them, I'll post the picture again.....to remind us that life should be fun and, with a sense of humor, you can get through anything.



Take care, boys. You are much loved.
Countess Bedelia 1/06/2008 11:57:00 AM

2 Comments:

How tragic, Maureen. My thoughts and prayers are with your grandson and his friends.
Sorry to hear this. At least that Penis Throne came in handy. (I'm sure it has for many.)

Add a comment