Monday, January 14, 2008

Do you want to hear the good news.....or ???

You just know that it is always a disaster when someone calls you up and asks, "Do you want the good news first or the bad news?"


My computer guru had been to the Castle Bedelia to connect my home printer to my work network server but he couldn't do it offsite so he packed up my printer to bring into the office. By the time I got to the office, the printer was on the floor in several pieces!!! Yes, he dropped it!! He took it back to the palace to see if he could reinstall it and get it working again and that is when I got the phone call.



The good news? I got a new printer.
The bad news? It won't be here until Tuesday.


Oh well, I had a good weekend in spite of it all.




I went into Boston to see the touring company production of RENT at the Wang Center. It was only here for a week. But don't cry if you missed it because it wasn't the best version of this great show that I have seen. Which is a shame because it is such a wonderful show and one of my all time favorites. I'm not sure where they went wrong but some of the people could sing but not act and some could act but not sing.




The next show is the U.S. premiere of "Whistle down the Wind" by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Direct from London, discover what critics have proclaimed “Andrew Lloyd Webber’s best show since The Phantom of the Opera.” Whistle Down the Wind is an uplifting musical about a young Louisiana girl who finds a mysterious stranger hiding in her barn. While the townspeople are determined to find the escaped felon, she vows to protect him from the outside world. It will be at the Wang Center from January 29th to February 3rd if you want tickets.


My friend and I enjoyed a very nice dinner at Jacob Wirth on Stuart Street and had a couple of Glenlivets and a lot of laughs. All in all, a very good weekend in spite of the printer crisis!
Countess Bedelia 1/14/2008 12:06:00 AM

1 Comments:

Again I must ask you Countess, what the hell is all that white crap?

Add a comment