Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I Am What I Am....

"I am what I am, I am my own special creation
So come take a look, give me the hook or the ovation"


These are words that I live my own life by.


Tonight I watched the most wonderful documentary on the music and life of Jerry Herman.
Composer of such iconic hits as Hello Dolly and Mame as well as the revolutionary "La Cage Au Follies", Jerry Herman wrote so many songs that are part of Americana today. A thrill for me as I watched the documentary was seeing Mimi Hines name in lights on Broadway.
To see Angela Lansbury and so many others singing Jerry's wonderful songs makes my heart soar. I love all theater so much but musical theater brings so many people and cultures together.
Jerry Herman suffered the loss of his partner to Aids and even questioned his own survival because he is HIV positive, but still wrote the most beautiful music for the stage. He is an inspiration to all of us to be the best we can be and enjoy life every day that we can.
Countess Bedelia 1/01/2008 11:01:00 PM

1 Comments:

Love La Cage...I'll have to dig out my CD now that you've got me thinking about it.

Happy New Year!

Add a comment