Monday, April 14, 2008

New York! New York! How I love that town...

The Countess just returned from a whirlwind two days in the city. Where should I begin?


Let's start with the bar....because there is always a bar, isn't there? This time it was the Ritz Bar on W.46th Street. On my last trip to NYC, Bryce introduced me to the Ritz and so I thought it would make a great meeting place for afternoon cocktails.




The very handsome and friendly Giovanni was behind the bar...




And I met a new friend, Bill from Pennsylvania. Bill and his partner have been together for 11 years! Congratulations guys!



One of the shows that I took in was "In the Heights". This wonderful show made me laugh and cry AND give a standing ovation (which I don't do very often). Go and see it if you are in town.



Christopher Jackson played Benny in the show. He was fabulous!




I met up with several girlfriends and went to a matinee performance of Antony and Cleopatra at the Duke on 42nd Street Theater.



It was an interesting production of this Shakespeare drama with a setting in the late 19th century and costumes reflecting that period. If you like Shakespeare, check this out.



Harvey Fierstein has staged a production of "A Catered Affair". You can read a New York Times article on the star, Faith Prince, here. She was fantastic in the role of Aggie, a poor housewife who just wants her daughter to have a great wedding.





The Countess was all excited because Angela Lansbury came in and sat right in front of me! I had a chance to talk to her for a moment after the play and she was so gracious. A beautiful lady.
Like all my NYC visits, there just isn't enough time to do everything I'd like to do. Usually I manage a visit to MOMA or the Met (both the opera and the museum...LOL). It was great to have a chance to visit with some friends though. One from near Toronto, Canada, one from Philadelphia, one from Connecticut, and several from NYC. See you all again....soon, I hope!!
Countess Bedelia 4/14/2008 10:20:00 AM

1 Comments:

My envy runneth over! Hopefully I'll see you on Broadway next time.
-B&T

Add a comment