Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Countess ponders getting old...


The Countess has been having a great time for the past five years since I semi-retired. After working hard for over 40 years to earn every penny I own, I am now enjoying those pennies on the things that make me happy....family, theater, travel, friends, and political causes. I happened to see this story about George Carlin's last comedy album and had to share this section that he wrote about getting old.



"Carlin gets last laugh at death" is the headline for this CNN story today.


Here is an excerpt from the article:

"Not so this time, with Carlin waxing on -- with four-letter words in abundance -- about the advantages of getting older.
"It's a great time of life, you get to take advantage of people and you're not responsible for anything," he says on the album. He adds that he discovered a popular pastime could be had gathering family members around and pretending to have Alzheimer's."




The L.A. Times has a great online picture/commentary of 9 important "Collision of Comedy and Politics". George Carlin being arrested for saying the "Seven Words you can never say on Television" is the first picture.




George is right! Getting old can be a lot of fun! It is all in how you look at it. Life is short and most of us have to spend a lot of it just earning a living to survive. I'm fortunate to have made it past that point and I'm going to enjoy this journey to the end. One of my friends said that I would probably drop dead at 90 on a dance floor in a gay bar......please God, make him right!
Countess Bedelia 7/29/2008 10:31:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment