Thursday, July 24, 2008

Othello at Shakespeare & Co.

John Douglas Thompson as Othello (Shakespeare & Co. photo)




The Countess went to a preview performance of Othello at Shakespeare & Co. the other night. It was an incredible experience. John Douglas Thompson IS Othello! A wonderful cast, including Michael Hammond as Iago and LeRoy McClain as Cassio, bring this tale of love, jealousy, and betrayal to life.




My friend, Chuck, had tears in his eyes when the play was over. You KNOW that the company reached out and touched the audience. The woman sitting next to me said when it was over, "They really deserved this applause." So go and see it for yourself.


Since it wouldn't be a Countess Blog without my picture, here I am with John Douglas Thompson and LeRoy McClain at the Shakespeare & Co. Gala earlier this summer....





Shakespeare & Co. is one of the many reasons I love the Berkshires in the summer season.
Countess Bedelia 7/24/2008 10:10:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment