Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Darling???????


You call everybody Darlin'

And everybody calls you Darlin' too

You don't mean what you're sayin'

It's just a game you're playin'

But you'll find someone else can play the game as well as you...


So goes the old song by Al Trace as sung by The Andrews Sisters in 1948.


The Countess has a habit of calling everyone 'darling' or 'sweetheart', not thinking that it might sound false to someone. It seems to me to be a generic way of saying 'friend'; maybe with more feeling....because a casual stranger can become a friend very easily.


My motto for life is "Entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels." (Hebrews 13:2)


In another life, I did entertain angels and so became a believer. But that is a story for another day.


The Beach Boys wrote a song "Darlin"...


Don't know if words can say

But darlin' I'll find a way

To let you know what you meant to me


'Darling' is an adjective, a noun, and an antonym.....check it out on Answers.com.


In French you would say 'cheri'; in German you might say 'liebling'; in Spanish you could say 'querido'.


So if I call you 'Darling', please know that I mean it in the nicest way!


Countess Bedelia 8/19/2008 12:50:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment