Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"....with a little help from my friends"

As The Beatles would say.....
"What would you think if I sang out of tune
Would you stand up and walk out on me
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends"


Last Friday several of my girlfriends came into town for the weekend.....from Ft. Lauderdale, Philadelphia, Boise, Des Moines, Toronto, New York City, small towns in Tennessee and Connecticut, and Albany. I love these women who I only get to see a few times a year in various places around the country....again the power of the internet. Bringing people together who might never have met. But we have formed a strong bond of friendship and caring.


There was a dinner....



And then some karaoke.....



The Countess even put together a brunch in the tree house.....




There was a magnificent production of "Othello" at Shakespeare & Co......




Then more theater and later drinks on the porch of the Red Lion Inn with some of the cast from "Waiting for Godot" as they celebrated their final performance that night. The Countess gets a hug from David Schramm who played Pozzo in that production......



Jeff Davis, the lighting designer for WFG, joined us with a couple of his friends.....


It was wonderful to be able to visit with my fellow Royal, the beautiful Vickie, Baroness of the Merchant Marine......
and there was a lot of laughter, hugs, and maybe a glass of Glenlivet or two! Can't wait until we do it all over again soon.
Countess Bedelia 8/27/2008 03:34:00 PM

1 Comments:

...."maybe a glass of Glenlivit or two....."? You're a riot! What a fab weekend. I've now roped off a special section in my brain for wonderful BTF memories.

Add a comment