Tuesday, November 04, 2008

VOTE TODAY!


The one time I didn't vote in a local election, my candidate lost by ONE vote. That vote was mine. Your vote counts.


I am off to the polls to celebrate the one right that hasn't been threatened by the wingnuts as of this date, the right to vote.
UPDATE:




And now tears of joy!!!!! Obama has prevailed. I am writing this after listening to John McCain's concession speech and that gave me a few tears as well. I was a proud Republican for most of my voting years. I guess now you would call me a Goldwater Republican...when the Grand Old Party meant fiscal responsibility, small government, and individual rights. Somehow the Religious Wingnuts took over the party and it became something else....something that I found abhorrent. John McCain survived the Vietcong prison camps and he earned my admiration and respect. He has given his life in service of our country and I admire him for that. I admire him for the speech he gave tonight.

Now I am going to listen to the next President of our country give a speech of hope and promise. I am very excited and happy to have been able to vote for him today.
Countess Bedelia 11/04/2008 10:45:00 AM

2 Comments:

I've just witnessed history....We have won. God bless us.
Now we can hopefully address some of the states discrimination votes at the federal level. Change is coming!

Add a comment