Friday, December 19, 2008

Smorgasbord....




I don't know where the last week went to but I am now snowbound in New England so here is a mishmash of my adventures since I last posted....



First I want to pay homage to my dear friend Mark....he brought me the most delicious rum cake when he came to visit two weeks ago.





Delicious!!!!




Last Friday in New York City I went to the Holiday Bazaar at Union Square.





There were so many wonderful crafts shops set up there. The Countess bought a beautiful scarf at one of them.





Then on Friday night in New York City I went to see Phillip Taratula's play "call me anne" which I posted about earlier. Phillip has gotten rave reviews and I hope his play gets extended. There was a great group of friends that met up...Stephanie, Halley, Daiva, Matt, Jenn, Tom, and Rafi. After the performance we all went to Southie for a few cocktails and to catch up with each other.



Saturday I went to see "August: Osage County" during the afternoon. Such a powerful play. Winner of a Pulitzer Prize, and many Tony awards. I left there with so many thoughts whirling through my head.....definitely the sign of a wonderful theater experience.






Saturday night my friend Halley came with me to attend the Red Bull Theater opening night production of "Women Beware Women". One of the stars was the magnificent John Douglas Thompson who wowed audiences this summer as Othello at Shakespeare & Co. in Lenox. All of you Othello fans will be happy to know that John will be reprising his role as Othello for the Theater for a New Audience production in NYC that premieres on February 14th, 2009.







Here is Halley with her friend Alexander who has a role in Women Beware Women.




I was thrilled to be able to meet Michael Urie at the Red Bull party. Michael, as most of you know, plays Mark on Ugly Betty. I had an introduction to him but I was a little nervous upon meeting him.....no worries. He is a total sweetheart. (And, Michael, I hope you gave Matt my message at the party later....LOL)


Now The Countess is snowbound...trapped at home when she should be in the Berkshires going to Rumpy's Tavern for my dear friend Stew's going away party. This snow has screwed up all kinds of festivities this weekend.



Stew, just know that I am thinking of you tonight and wish you good fortune as you set out on new adventures. Muah!!!





I just hope that I will be on the plane to Florida on Monday morning without any problems. Palm trees.....Here I come!!



Countess Bedelia 12/19/2008 11:04:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment