Friday, April 03, 2009

New York City adventures...

I can't believe it has been two weeks since I was in New York City. On that Friday night I attended "Our Hit Parade" at Joe's Pub with one of my most handsome boy friends, Matt....star of stage and screen. There were lots of stars in attendance that night, both in the audience and on the stage. An old aquaintance was in the audience and described my turn on stage in an email to friends....




"most of all The Countess, who wound up as part of a dancing contest on the stage in which she didn't dance but pranced around showing what looked like $100,000 worth of jewelry and fur. Needless to say she won the contest. She then returned to the table where she joined the dozen or so gay men who accompanied her."





I don't think I could describe it better myself....LOL! I got to meet Bridget Everett who cohosts the show with Neal Medlyn and see the beautiful and funny Jenn Harris rap with Barbie dolls.....Hilarious! One of my best Berkshire Theatre pals, James Barry, dressed up as a priest to sing a hilarious rendition of Kelly Clarkson's hit "My Life Would Suck Without You". The part of the altar boy was sung by another BTF alumni who shall remain anonymous. They were very naughty!!


Here is a picture of the cast in their big finale number.....







On Saturday night Matt, Jenn, and I went to Daiva's show "Two Girls for Five Bucks" at Ars Nova. Daiva and her friend, Cathleen Carr, conceived, wrote, and produced this show, developing it over the years out of a series of sketches.






Daiva Deupree and Cathleen Carr




Such a talented duo. I hope the show gets picked up somewhere else. It deserves another showcase.......Berkshire Theatre Festival maybe....hint! hint!





My dates, Matt and Jenn......







Daiva and The Countess having drinks with the everyone after the show......







Another highlight....




I also managed to get over to see "God of Carnage" starring....


Jeff Daniels, Hope Davis, James Gandolfini, and Marcia Gay Harden


The play opened to rave reviews. Get in town to see this one. Everyone knows The Countess is a big "Sopranos" fan and when I had a chance to see James Gandolfini in person, on stage, there was no way I would pass it up. It's an experience just to sit in the audience in this very fast paced, dark comedy. James literally explodes half way through the play! Shades of Tony Soprano! Wonderful! Wonderful!
..........
Another BTF alumni, Tommy Schrider, has been starring in "Greek Holiday" at the Abingdon Theatre. It was delightful to see Tommy and have a chat with him after the Saturday matinee. He got a nice mention in the Variety review: "Without actually dropping to his knees and begging for love and understanding, Schrider shrewdly taps into the good-little-boy appeal of Alex's nebbishy persona." Sadly the run ended on March 29th, so you missed your chance to see it.
........
You will be able to see both Tommy Schrider and James Barry when they star in "The Einstein Project" at the Berkshire Theatre Festival this summer.
.......
Can't wait to do this all over again in a couple of weeks!!!!
Countess Bedelia 4/03/2009 09:14:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment