Thursday, April 30, 2009

To blog.....or not to blog? Is that a question?




I recently read a post on a blog that complained about not receiving comments.....That the blog would die if no one was interested enough in the content to write a comment.






And I thought about that post and how it might be meaningful to me. Do I write this blog to receive comments? Do I write this blog to reach an audience? Do I write this blog to connect with a segment of the internet online populace?






First of all I write my blog for myself. It serves as a diary of my travels and adventures and as a way for me to remember the many, many people that I meet during my journey. It also serves as an online guide for my family to find out where I am and what I am up to! Although we have Facebook and MySpace status posts, sometimes it is nice to have a commentary with pictures that says a little about what we did, who we met, and if we had a good time.




Secondly I post about current affairs in the gay community, like the recent votes on gay marriage and the Hate Crimes bill in the senate. I don't really think I am giving any up-to-the-minute bulletins on these issues but I am giving myself a permanent record of what is happening today. The links that I post might all go down but my blog will say that this happened on this day.




I have read a lot of very sophisticated opinions in the blogosphere and the editorial community about citizen bloggers and how everyone can put their thoughts out here in cyberspace now that blogging is for everyone. My thought is that every one who does blog is a person who wants their thoughts to be out there at least once in their lifetime. They want to say something however trivial and have it matter. In the old days we would leave a note behind, today we leave a blog.
And I just want to add that whenever I read some of my history in my blog and reconnect with old friends, it really does bring a tear to my eye and a smile to my face. Thank you, everyone!
Countess Bedelia 4/30/2009 09:22:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment