Thursday, July 23, 2009

Weekend update

On Friday afternoon there was a play reading at Berkshire Theatre Festival. It was a new play about two Florida sisters back in the '30s and their problems dealing with the death of a daughter 7 years prior. The most memorable part was the acting of James Barry who played the younger brother. James transformed himself into quite 'a good ole boy' and his performance was delightful. BTF has these play readings every Friday afternoon for anyone who is interested.




That night I went to Michael's of Stockbridge for karaoke with my friends. It's always fun when the theater crowd come in to sing. They definitely raise the level of entertainment! When I entered the bar, a gentleman sitting near the entrance asked me if I was The Countess. He reads this blog and recognized me. So Richard, thank you for reading....here is our picture....






Susan always pours The Countess a glass of Glenlivet as I walk in the door.....






C.J. Wilson sang a song. It was last call for "The Einstein Project" actors as they were closing their show the next night.





The two BFFs, Liz and Jason were there......







And Steve and Lindsey were having a great time!







On Saturday night after seeing "Living with it" which I posted about earlier, I went to Moe's Tavern for "The Einstein Project" cast closing party. It's always bittersweet to close a show and say goodbye; especially when it was such a good play and such a wonderful cast.





Here is Tommy Schrider, who played Einstein, Kyle Fabel, The Countess, and the beautiful Nurit, Tommy's wife.....






The Countess stole James' hat for awhile. I don't know why we look so serious here.....







We ended up closing the place and I think there was some discussion with Sadie, the bartender, about having to order more Glenlivet for next week!

_
Monday night there was a benefit play reading at Shakespeare & Co. I went with Linda and we were both dressed so pretty that I can't believe I didn't get a picture of us! Next time, Linda. At least I was able to catch up with John Douglas Thompson and congratulate him on getting an Obie for his performance as Othello in NYC last spring. He is playing the Moor again this summer at Shakespeare & Co. and his performance is worth the price of admission alone.
_


This coming weekend is jam packed with parties and plays. One of my dearest friends will be visiting for the weekend and joining me on the Merry-Go-Round. The highlight will be opening night for "The Prisoner of 2nd Avenue" starring Stephen DeRosa. This is going to be hilarious....just what we need to brighten our spirits after the endless rain we have had.
Countess Bedelia 7/23/2009 03:51:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment