Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Football Tailgate Party and more...


Sometimes I just need to hang out at the Castle Bedelia and get my s**t together. When you are traveling all the time, it just becomes a little tedious. So after my adventure in New York City, I settled into the Castle, ordered the servants around, and managed to hang up a few outfits.



Of course all it took to get me going was a text from Davo, Duke of the Shire, inviting me to attend a production of "The Laramie Project, Epilogue" which was happening on Monday, October 12th, at theaters across the country in memory of the horrible tragedy of the death of Matthew Sheppard. We attended the matinee performance at the Barrington Stage Co in Pittsfield. So very moving and thought provoking.


You might recall that I was privileged to meet Judy Sheppard one day in Ft. Lauderdale. I was so humbled to talk with this sweet, soft-spoken woman.




A woman who had lost her son in a horrific crime and chose to make his life mean something positive instead of just a statistic. Because of Judy Sheppard, millions of Americans are more aware of GLTB crimes and there is a Hate Crimes bill before our national legislature that just might get passed...finally.



Also this past weekend I was invited to a Football Party. Some cynics might scoff at the idea of The Countess attending a Football Party but I remind you....I do have sons.....Haha, you jest! No, really. Once upon a time The Countess was someone's mother. I went to Little League games, Pop Warner football games, and hockey practice at the local rink at 4 am. Oh yes, I am a mere mortal....as you have all suspected.


My dear friend Tom....a fellow scotch drinker, invited me to his annual away game tailgate party. Tom cooked up an enormous pork roast on the grill as well as much delicious chicken. There were homebaked beans, salads, dips, etc....so much food!!!!




Here is The Countess with my new friend, Leslie....


Brianne and Sean are making sure that Murray, the dog, is behaving.....


A group photo showing that "Points is Points"....

Unfortunately the home team, The New England Patriots, lost that game. I hope it wasn't because I was at the party!!
Countess Bedelia 10/15/2009 11:07:00 PM

2 Comments:

Sorry, I only attend polo tailgate parties in Newport.
Mrs. Astor, I only attend parties I am invited to!

Add a comment