Friday, October 23, 2009

The Franklin-Barry wedding weekend

The Countess is still in a state of euphoria from the wedding I attended last weekend. Also a state of exhaustion!! A three day party filled with lots of love, fun, and good people. I danced almost every dance!



The wedding was held at a beautiful farm in Connecticut.


The weekend started on Friday night with the rehearsal dinner party. With guests coming in from all over the country, anyone who was in town on Friday night was invited over to the cottage for a welcome celebration.




Tara and James, the happy couple at the rehearsal dinner party....

The family and friends of the bride and groom tend to be tremendously talented actors and musicians so the party quickly turned into an impromptu jam session....



Tara and her brothers, Jordan and David, getting ready to play....



Nancy and Andy, the proud parents of the groom....


Mark, the bride's father, plays one of his original compositions for Tara and James....



Tab, Dave (James' brother), and The Countess sit back and enjoy the show....


This little party at 'the cottage' started the weekend off. A lovely fun evening filled with so much great music and big smiles all around.


The wedding the next afternoon was held inside a tent on the terrace of the farmhouse. The bride's gown was specially designed for her by her friend, Olivera Gajic.


The ceremony was conducted by another friend, Jason, and their wedding vows included a promise to "never put together unassembled furniture in each other's presence". Yes, these two have a wonderful sense of humor.



During the cocktail hour and a half, I took this picture of John, the bride's stepfather, with the replica of the barn where the reception would be held. He made this at Tara's request to be used for the wedding cards.



Andrew and The Countess, all dressed up and looking fine.....


The Red Barn reception room was ablaze with lights and so elegant and beautiful....


The wedding cake......

It was a little chilly when we first entered the barn so I gave my fur wrap to Sara. She really vamped it up......

Don't you love the mustache? They were put out on the bar and everyone had a lot of fun with them.



I love that the bride wore RED shoes......



These two handsome gentlemen were sitting next to me at my table. They have been together for 30 years and got married last year. The Countess adored them; especially when they told me that they would make sure that my glass of scotch was always full ;)

At the afterparty in 'the cottage' the two mothers, Michelle and Nancy, sat together to compare notes.....


I will close with a picture of Sir Ryan, First Knight of Quincy, on his knees to receive his knighthood. My newest Knight in my service.....


The party continued with brunch on Sunday. It was just the perfect kind of wedding....a celebration of love and happiness that was felt by each guest. I wish I could include everyone in this post but it is long enough, I think. You know who you are and know where the rest of the pictures are ;)
Countess Bedelia 10/23/2009 08:18:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment