Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Castle Bedelia in Winter...


The big storm of 2009 put a crimp in my weekend plans. As you can see, I won't be leaving the Palace until the wonderful people who man the plows and shovels have done their job. The servants haven't been able to make it up the mountain so I am forced to fend for myself.....Yes, you guessed it! The Countess is Cooking! I'm surprised that I still remember how.


But yesterday afternoon I ventured forth to the local market and procured the makings for one of my favorite cold weather dishes....American Chop Suey!! The blend of peppers, mushrooms, and onions with seasoned ground beef, simmered in tomato sauce, and poured over macaroni, letting it sit awhile to absorb the sauce, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.......decant a bottle of Rosemount Cabernet Merlot....heat up a loaf of French bread sprinkled with butter and herbs! Just describing it is intoxicating!


It's days like this that I do miss the pitter patter of little feet, the sounds of my young children filling the house with noise and mess. But then I slap myself upside the head and say, "Countess, get a grip!" So I'll content myself with enjoying a quiet day at the Castle Bedelia with a delicious meal that I have prepared myself.....in just a few days I'll be with the granddaughters....those delightful Baby Countesses....and just a few hours of noise and mess will make me once again happy to return to the peace and quiet of my beautiful Castle Bedelia.





Countess Bedelia 12/20/2009 04:41:00 PM

5 Comments:

--Sniff--
I missed it by a week!!
But there is to be a winter storm hitting the midwest on Wednesday. I'm packing my skis!
Miss you down here,
B&T
I was looking forward to a snow post from you, dear Countess! Boo hoo, it is chilly here as well and when I leave for work at 6:30 am it will most likely be in the low
50's.....EEEEK!

I'm sure you will find a pleasant way to pass your time indoors while waiting for the white stuff to melt, and that activity involves a glass and Glenlivit.
Countess...long time no see. Just stopping by to say hi and Merry Christmas!
It's about time they put you to work in the kitchen!
Mark, don't know why you love this cold weather so much but you will definitely find it in Ohio.

Tosca, Glenlivet always goes with a snow storm!

Rick, Happy Holidays to you and Chris. I delight in your happiness.

Alexis....watch out! Be afraid, be very afraid if I ever have to cook for you! xoxo

Add a comment