Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mele Kalikimaka

Why does Christmas make you feel so nostalgic when you get older?  Maybe because you remember those Christmas mornings when you were a little kid and woke up to find that special thing you had been wishing for under the tree.  Or maybe because you remember being a parent and making sure that those special things were under the tree for your kids.  Or maybe you remember being in love and having the one person who could make your Christmas special surprise you with that perfect token of love.  Yes, many decades of life gives you lots of perspectives.



So it was kind of funny that I was listening to the radio tonight and the Hawaiian Christmas song came on and made me tear up a bit.  Because many years ago at a company party, I sang this song with my girlfriends as my backup chorus....swinging and swaying in a sequin dress....everyone at the company cheering and clapping.  That was the party that a handsome young man drank champagne out of my high-heeled slipper.  When the most handsome man in the company danced with me and told me that if he wasn't married, he would be trying so hard to win my affection.  When I felt beautiful and desirable and just wonderful!



If I could go back to that night, I would transport myself immediately.  Not only did I have a fantastic time but waiting at home was my wonderful husband Bob, waiting with all the joy of Christmas radiating from his being.  Bob loved Christmas and planned for it all year.  He made each Christmas with him a special event, an event that no one in my family will ever forget.


So I wish you all a Mele Kalikimaka and a 'Bob' that you can celebrate with....that one person who makes you feel special, and by doing that, gives you the wonderful Christmas that you all deserve. xoxo
Countess Bedelia 12/22/2009 10:54:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment