Tuesday, January 12, 2010

WINTER

A friend sent me this poem yesterday and  I thought I would share with you...


I found this beautiful winter poem and thought it might be a comfort to you.
It was to me, as it's very well written and I hope that you enjoy it too .

' WINTER '


by Abigail Elizabeth McIntyre






Shit It's Cold


The End
 
 
This certainly seems to sum up the year so far.  Everyone is frozen from Florida to Maine.  The poor iguanas are falling off the trees.    The lizards go into a type of hibernation when the temperature drops below around 9 degrees C, all body functions but the heart switching off and blood flow cut to a minimum.






But don't throw them in the back of your warmed up station wagon, as was reported here: "a gentleman who was collecting them off the street and throwing them in the back of his station wagon, and all of a sudden these things are coming alive, crawling on his back and almost causing a wreck."
 
 
I did get a Facebook message that Puerto Rico is the place to be...the next five days should be around 80 degrees....sounds good to me.  How does that song go from West Side Story?
 
 

 
Puerto Rico,
You lovely island . . .
Island of tropical breezes.
Always the pineapples growing,
Always the coffee blossoms blowing . . .


My friends are returning from Miami like frozen popsicles.....Puerto Rico sounds pretty good just about now!
Countess Bedelia 1/12/2010 08:50:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment