Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Palace memories...


One of my great pals in South Beach is the beautiful drag queen, Tiffany Fantasia.  When she applied for the RuPaul Drag Race Show, I was her biggest fan.  I organized a cadre of voters on the LOGO website to vote for her and kept up the pressure all the way.  The way it worked was that if you voted for my girl, I would vote for yours.  It was Cut Throat, baby!!  Tiffany didn't end up making the final cut for the Drag Race 1st season but we still have hopes!

When I showed up at The Palace on Sunday for her show, she immediately corraled me and asked where I was the day before !!!!!  Ooops!  I thought her show was Sunday.  Anyway she said that she would do a special show just for me....Gawd, I love that girl....

All the Queens put on a fabulous show that day....and every other day too, I am sure!!


I also had a chance to see my darling RayRay.  I first met Raymond several years ago when he was bussing tables.  He was a little go-getter.  He worked his way up and now he is one of the premiere bartenders on Ocean Drive.  I adore this boy.  He is one of my special friends in SoBe...



One of the things that I love when I go to SoBe is that people remember me from year to year.  So many people come for vacation and you never expect that they will think of you when they leave, so it is always a pleasure to hear someone say, "Countess, I met you here last year.....how are you?"  Such is the case with the men in this picture.  I remember them from prior years but don't know their names.  That's OK.  We danced to "Forever Young" and for that time, I did feel forever young....


Then there was this handsome man who came up to me and said he was totally fascinated with me and wanted to buy me a drink.  How could a lady refuse?  He literally declared his love, paid for the drink, and disappeared almost before I could get his picture.  And he IS very handsome, don't you think?


DJ Oliver was spinning at The Palace for the first time that day I was told but he had the crowd under his spell from the beginning.....Hey, anyone who spins "Forever Young" has me in his spell :)


I have so many fond memories of The Palace Bar on Ocean Drive.  When people ask me how I became a Countess, I tell them...."The Countess was born in a Palace on Ocean Drive"...and that's the truth.
Countess Bedelia 3/18/2010 02:32:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment