Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Start of the Miami Beach Gay Pride Weekend...

I flew into Miami on Thursday night and my beautiful friend, Mark, picked me up at the airport. 


After checking into my suite at the Hotel Victor, we went off to the Hosteria Romana for dinner....one of my traditions here in Miami.  We fielded phone calls from friends who wanted to make sure I had arrived safely and, after a quick nightcap at The Palace and a chance to catch up with my darling RayRay who was bartending that night (and the whole weekend!), it was an early night for both of us.

The next day I met up with Chris and Mrs. Astor at the 11th Street Diner for lunch and then we were off to Twist for Happy Hour.  Larry and David were there with their little angel, Spike...


Spike found a home in my arms for a nice long cuddle while we all chatted.  Larry and David are renovating a fabulous home here in Miami Beach and were very proud to share pictures of all the improvements that they have made since I was here a few weeks ago.


That infamous socialite Mamie Stuyvesant-Fish came in to check out "that Yankee woman who steals all the boys" but we soon formed a firm alliance, much to the chagrin of Mrs. Astor!!  No more court intrigue from Mamie.....she is firmly in The Countess Court now !!


While we were sitting at the bar, Mrs. Astor noticed Alexis Arquette.  Mrs. Astor and Alexis are old friends from New York City and a happy reunion commenced.  Alexis Arquette was in town to be in the Pride Parade on Saturday.  We all had a great time with this lovely woman who was so gracious to everyone.


It is always so nice to see my friend Chris.  I missed him the last time I was in town.  He is the most generous and kind person....and a bit of a financial genious too....a good person to know in these economic times :)


And just because we always find the cute boys, here is a little eye candy for you...


Later we met up with Henrietta, the Queen of South Beach, to share a little girl talk....


And got a goodnight kiss from Mrs. Astor....


We needed a good night's rest before the Gay Pride festivities the next day.  Here is a little preview of The Countess in all her Pride....



The beginning of a fabulous, whirlwind weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!
Countess Bedelia 4/21/2010 09:11:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment