Monday, April 12, 2010

What a whirlwind.....

On the train to New York City on Thursday afternoon, arriving just in time to meet the boys, Matt and Travis, for dinner at Cafe Orlin in the East Village. 


The occasion was Opening Night of "Poppycock" featuring our girl, Daiva Deupree. 


Daiva literally lights up the stage when she walks on and proceeds to steal the show....and she looks smoking hot in a gorgeous dress and spike heels!!


The next night I went to see "My Custom Van" at The Drilling Company Theatre on West 78th Street.  This hilarious production by my friends at Project: Theater is a must see for everyone if you want to laugh and have a great time.  It has been recced by Village Voice, Time Out New York, and several other publications.  The success of this wonderful theater company makes The Countess so very happy.  They even had a little sign in the lobby to welcome me...


Spending two nights in New York City seeing friends demonstrate their incredible talents on stage is the best kind of fun. 

Saturday was a long travel day....train to Boston, pick up my car, and drive to the Berkshires.  But it was well worth it in order to go to the Aglet Theater play reading of "Fifty Words" featuring Jim Beaudin.  Jim and Melissa Wolff gave such a passionate performance in reading this play that most of the time you forgot they had scripts in their hands.


Sir David, Duke of the Davoshire, came to the reading with me....


Jim and his wife, Paula, met me at Rumpy's Tavern for cocktails after the show and we proceeded to dissect the whole play, scene by scene.



As I was driving to the Berkshires on Saturday, The Mrs. Astor called to discuss plans for this coming weekend when the Northern Court once again visits the Southern Court to celebrate the Miami Beach Gay Pride festivities.  Lots of parties are planned for my visit so I need to get some rest in over the next couple of days.  In this photo, Mrs. Astor gives her royal wave to the adoring crowd...

I am certainly living up to my motto..."I'm running as fast as I can, while I can!"  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love my life!!!
Countess Bedelia 4/12/2010 10:20:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment