Thursday, May 13, 2010

A...mah...zing !!!!!!


Accent on the second syllable.  Tuesday night I was invited by 'BarryFromBoston' to see the a...mah...zing Seth Rudetsky doing his one man show "Deconstructing Broadway" in Boston.  He must say 'a...mah...zing' at least 1,000 times during the show.  It might seem excessive but it was totally adorable.  Seth certainly knows his music.  Look at these video clips and you can appreciate the ear that he has for the most minute little trills, chest voices, head voices, etc.

Of course, he picked The Countess to answer the only audience question he asked.  Why do they always find me?  I was in the dark in the second row....he looks around and zeros in on me!  And by the time he asked the actual question, I had completely forgotten whatever I was supposed to have learned and answered the question WRONG!  The audience gave a collective GASP!  Seth said that had NEVER happened before!  But it gave him food for the rest of his performance as he pointed to me every time he needed to make the point about a wrong answer :)

I did turn to Barry (a professional musician, mind you!) and told him that he did not have to know me for the rest of the performance :))))))))))

After the show we went to Stella's in the South End for a most delicious mushroom and oyster flat bread pizza.....and maybe a Glenlivet or two.  Barry is playing at the Beachfire Grille in Ogunquit, Maine, on Sunday evenings during the month of May, so go see his show and say 'Hi' from The Countess.

And to go back to Mother's Day for just one more time....Does my daughter know me or what?  This is the card she gave me....




A...MAH...ZING !!!!!
Countess Bedelia 5/13/2010 06:49:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment