Saturday, May 08, 2010

The High Holy Holiday of Motherhood is upon us...


As a single parent with four teenagers under my roof, I used to think that on this one day of the year a halo should sprout from my head and heavenly choruses sing to me....I must be a saint!  How else could anyone survive this stage of childhood development...four times over!!  And then it was suddenly over, the chickens flew the nest one by one, and for the first time in my whole life I was living alone.  And a very strange thing happened.....they all came back asking for my advice and counsel.  I was now a very wise woman with something to say that was worth listening to :)  Where was that woman when they were teenagers?  It seemed like no one listened to anything I said then. Ahhh, life....isn't it wonderful !?!

Now these wild, rebellious, wonderful teenagers have grown into very responsible adults with children of their own.  And when my grandchildren became teenagers and I listened to their parents anguish over them, I smiled. 
Countess Bedelia 5/08/2010 01:16:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment