Saturday, May 01, 2010

Our Hit Parade, Notes, and more in New York City....

It was bound to happen sooner or later.....I lost my camera in New York City.  I hope it found a home along with the two cell phones I've lost here.  I am only sad because there was a great picture taken of Daiva, Matt, Travis, and myself at 'our' Chinese place before we went down the street to Joe's Pub for the Our Hit Parade show.

Bridget Everett, Kenny Mellman, and Neal Medlyn put on a fantastic show with so many wonderful, talented guest artists.  And when Neal came on stage wearing a black, jewel trimmed top, Bridget announced that he had stolen it from The Countess' closet!  I'll put up a couple of links to videos of my friends performances.

First, my favorite comedy duo, those Heartbreakers, Randy and Sara.....BREAK YOUR HEART

Next, Jenn Harris and Tim Girrbach, who had done a Wendy's commercial together, do a very funny take off of ....CARRY OUT.

And The Countess dances her way into Our Hit Parade history during Bridget's version of ....NOT MYSELF TONIGHT.

Later a few of us walked over to a nearby restaurant for a bite to eat and a chance to just sit in a quiet place and talk.  If you watch the video, you know that Sara is quite pregnant and she needed a little rest after that workout on stage!  From there I went to another club where Bridget was having a fundraiser for a friend and partied til about 4 am.  I love New York!

Thursday night was a play reading organized and directed by Jack Ferver.  Jack is so talented himself and he gathered a cast of friends to perform an hysterically funny drag parody of "Notes on a Scandal".  I couldn't miss this reading because everyone in the cast except one person is a friend of mine!  I hadn't met Christian Coulson who played young Lord Voldermort in the second Harry Potter movie "Chamber of Secrets".  The wonder of NYC...you never know who you will meet!

After the reading Matt took me to SPLASH, where his boyfriend, Travis, was bartending.  I danced and danced with all the boys.  Fun! Fun! Fun!

The Countess is a big fan of John Douglas Thompson and never miss a chance to see him on stage, so Friday night I went over to Classic Stage Company to see "The Forest", also starring that incredible actress Dianne Wiest.


A very funny play and John is wonderful, as always.

Today we travel back to the Berkshires.  My friend, Brianne, is having a fundraiser tonight to raise money for the "Home Base Program." This program, run by the Red Sox Foundation and Mass General Hospital works to provide help for soldiers returning from overseas with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as well as Traumatic Brain Injury. Her brother is stationed in Afghanistan now but will be home for this fundraiser. Brianne is running a 9K road race for this foundation and the finish line is Home Plate at Fenway Park!!



The party is at The Brick House Pub in Housatonic.  If you are in the Berkshires, come, have a good time, and support a good cause.
Countess Bedelia 5/01/2010 09:13:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment