Tuesday, June 08, 2010

The Countess Tutorial....

I often tell people who ask how I became a Countess that The Countess was born in a Palace on Ocean Drive way back in 2005.....

The Palace Bar at 1200 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, was managed at that time by my dear friend, The Mrs. Astor.  Of course it only made sense that we should all be Royal....and so, The Countess Bedelia was born.  And yet, Bedelia had always existed inside me....often poking her nose out at the most inopportune times.  As The Countess Bedelia I started to write this blog about my adventures.  Like Alice down the rabbit hole, I have ventured into places that I sometimes wasn't sure of but, also like Alice, I met some wonderful people along the way.

The Castle Bedelia is my main home.  The many servants who run this place keep me organized.  We have the scullery maids, the laundresses, the chef, the butler, and my personal maid, Marie, who organizes my jewels and wardrobe for my many official state visits.


The Summer Palace is located in the Berkshires.  This is the scene of many parties and theatrical events.  The Countess' heart lives here in  rustic splendor surrounded by theater, art, and interesting folk from all walks of life, and most especially, The Berkshire Theatre Festival...


When The Countess ventures out in the Berkshires without an entourage, you can probably find her at Rumpy's Tavern with Prince Troy...


Recently The Countess' official portrait was stolen from the Ladies Room at Rumpy's Tavern.

The whole countryside has been turn upside down during the investigation into this dastardly crime.  If you have any information, please turn it over to the local gendarmes.

The Countess lives a charmed life in a fairy tale completely removed from the everyday cares and concerns of that dreaded world called Real Life.  When she meets a courtier worthy of being in her court, she bestows a title upon them.  The only duty they have is to adore The Countess forever.

You will probably never read anything in The Countess' Blog other than chronicles of her journeys and life among the rich and famous.  I leave Real Life to others.  The world of Bedelia is so much more fun !
Countess Bedelia 6/08/2010 11:04:00 PM

1 Comments:

You are such a delight dear Countess! Your post reminded me of the first time I met you, at the Palace of course. That was shortly after I had drawn into Ditmar's world! We are indeed lucky.

The Baroness
xoxo

Add a comment