Monday, June 14, 2010

A visit to the Emerald City in the wonderful Land of Oz...

WOW!  It really doesn't get any better than this past weekend trip.  In chronological order:

Thursday night:  Meeting up with Halley to see Jack Ferver's original choreography "Death is Certain"...

Jack Ferver, Liz Santoro and Darrin Wright

Jack had told me that I needed to see him dance and so Halley and I went to the LaMama Annex for the Rosso Bastardo evening of dance pieces.  Interesting performances and always a delight to see Jack.  After the performance Halley and I went out for a bite to eat and a Glenlivet....

Jack took Halley's card so maybe she will get an audition out of this!  I hope so...she is so talented.

Friday afternoon:  When my 'adopted son' Matthew Wilkas is in a movie showing at The New York LGBT Film Festival NEWFEST, The Countess must go and see.  "Curious Thing" won Best Narrative Short in the Jury Awards. 

Matt Wilkas and Danny Bernardy in a scene from Curious Thing

Friday night: The invitation for Sara's baby shower/dance party read....Disco ball. Laser light, 25 yards of gold lame', AND Sara !  The fact that it was being held in Brooklyn was not going to stop The Countess!  My car driver from Manhattan was in the Romanian Mafia, I think :)  Anyway he proceeded to tell me that he had been held up at gunpoint in the area that I was going to about 20 years ago and was I sure that I still wanted to go there!?!  I tried to tell him that things had changed but he still insisted on walking me to the door to be sure I was safe....how sweet is that?

The Golden Girl shined throughout the night. 


She even had a Golden Throne to sit on....


Many gifts were bestowed upon her Golden Child, or The Faery Princess as I call her.....


Such a fun evening and so many wonderful friends to share it with.

The Countess danced up a storm....

And then was sent back to Manhattan in a limo.....a fairy tale ending to a fairy tale event.  We cannot wait to meet the Golden Child when she makes her debut into this crazy world we live in.

Saturday afternoon:  Back to the The New York LGBT Film Festival NEWFEST, this time to see "Gayby",  starring Matt Wilkas and Jenn Harris.  Here are Matt and Jenn just before Gayby played on the big screen...

After the movie we had a photo op....

Jenn Harris, Jonathan Lisecki, & Matt Wilkas walk the Red Carpet

Saturday night:   "Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson" again!  This time my friend Joe Jung was performing.  As the production kept getting extended some cast members had to drop out and so Joe was cast in the play for the final month.  Joe's beautiful wife, Jessi Blue, and I met up to see him strut his stuff on the big stage as well as to see James Barry in his new role as President Monroe.  Little did I know that Joe and James had a little surprise for me!

Gorgeous Benjamin Walker plays Andrew Jackson and always comes out into the audience each night to give some lucky lady a lap dance...

Imagine my surprise when he headed right for me and proceeded to sit on my lap and sing to me!  Joe and James were laughing their asses off while the whole thing was going on. 

A most delightful ending to a perfect time in the Emerald City.  See you again in September.....The Berkshires own me for the summer.
Countess Bedelia 6/14/2010 07:03:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment