Wednesday, June 02, 2010

"The Whipping Man" at Barrington Stage Company

The Countess has been a very bad blogger lately and some of my readers have taken me to task!!!  I wanted to be sure to give a shout out to the Barrington Stage Company production of "The Whipping Man" which is currently running on their Stage 2 until June 13th. 


You don't have to take my word that this play and the wonderful cast....LeRoy McClain, Clarke Peters, and Nick Westrake...are fantastic.  Just read this review "witness how great actors thrive off each other’s energy and skill", and this one "all three actors, deftly directed by Innvar, seem perfectly in sync and perfectly themselves" !!!

Duke Davo and I went to see this fantastic production last Friday.  What an incredible experience!  Just as the reviewers noted, these three actors completely inhabit their characters and transport the audience back to a dark time in the South after the Civil War.  Don't miss this one !

And then there is always the fun to be had after the show......I met LeRoy McClain several years ago at a party and he told me he was going to be "the next big Broadway star".  I always tease him about that but the truth is that he DID get in a Broadway show the very next year!  LeRoy introduced me to Clarke and Nick after the show and we all went out for drinks and lots of laughs. 


The Countess had a little fangurl moment when I met Clarke because I am a big fan of the new HBO show "Treme" that Clarke stars in.  He is also a star of "The Wire", the HBO show that many people consider to be the best series ever shown on TV. 


And who knew that meeting Nick Westrake would be like meeting an old friend?  We know all the same people and just had the best time together gossiping and dishing the dirt....my new BFF !!


LeRoy, The Countess, and Nick...with Clarke making funny faces behind us :)

It wouldn't be Friday night in the Berkshires if we didn't end up at Rumpy's Tavern.  Prince Troy welcomed us with open arms and we just caught last call.


So much blogging to catch up on!  Next up, The Countess Ball !!
Countess Bedelia 6/02/2010 10:34:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment