Monday, August 30, 2010

CELEBRATION !

It's been such a fabulous summer for The Countess.  So many parties and opening nights.  So many new friends and old pals.  I always get a little teary-eyed when summer ends. 

But today I am so excited because I will at last be retired in another couple of weeks.  I have been working for over 40 years now...never without a job...never collected unemployment...never missed a day of work because I was sick...never asked someone to do anything that I wouldn't or couldn't do myself.  I am still friends with everyone who ever worked for me and everyone who I ever worked for.  It is a legacy I would be happy to pass on to anyone.

And that is just my formal work life.  Before that I had four children to take care of.  If anyone tells you that isn't work, they are without babies in their lives :)  I had four kids in six years starting at age 19 and changed diapers for 8 yrs as well as comforted sick angels, played lots of games with happy kids, fed and watered dogs, kittens, and horses, and cooked so many meals and baked so many treats that those years just blur in my memory.

I've been blessed with two good husbands...one the teenage love that every girl dreams of ...and the other the mature love that every woman should have.   It's been a hell of a ride!

Who knows what the next years will hold.  I don't have a lot of them left but I'm going to make them all count as if I was still that 18 year old girl that I used to be who didn't know what or where life was taking her.  When life stops being an adventure, that's when it will be over.

Countess Bedelia 8/30/2010 09:20:00 PM

3 Comments:

My Dear Countess Bedelia:

May you experience nothing but good health and profound joy in your retirement years, and may you be blessed with many years.

Joan Fernandez
Retirement? Honey, working the streets and trolleys of Ogunquit is NOT retirement. Town whores keep busy schedules :)

MUAH
Thanks for the good wishes. I might still turn a trick in the Ogunquit Trolley but now it will be only when I feel like it :))))

Add a comment